This programme is not currently admitting new participants, but please complete the application form below if you would like to be added to the waiting list for future places when they become available.
Our Dermatology Clinical Mentoring Programme aims to support GPs to upskill in Dermatology diagnosis and management through a funded PCDS course and practical learning in clinic.
This is a 2-stage opportunity to gain knowledge of dermoscopy and attend clinics with Dr Anna Trigell to see dermatology diagnosis and care in action.
The objectives of the training are:
- Develop knowledge of the use and of the dermatoscope
- Greater understanding of dermatological conditions, including signs and symptoms
- Confidence in diagnosing and treating dermatological conditions within primary care
The programme is open to any GP working in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Primary Care, who wishes to develop their knowledge and skills in dermatology diagnostics and treatment.
A candidate can complete stage 1, stage 2 or both stages, depending on their area of interest. Stage 2 must be completed with 6 months of commencement.
If a candidate commences the programme at stage 2, the candidate will be signposted to the recommended pre-programme study if the trainer identifies a need to expand their theory knowledge prior to any further observation sessions.
Stage 1 – Theory
The Training Hub will fund study with PCDS.
- Dermoscopy for Absolute Beginners (online or F2F)
- The Intermediate course can be selected if there is already previous knowledge of dermoscopy, however presently these courses are not available online.
Details of the courses can be found here.
Please note the following terms and conditions:
- Candidates are responsible for booking their own course
- Funding will cover course fees only and will be reimbursed following receipt of certification/confirmation of course attendance and claim form
- Where face-to-face course is preferred, all travel costs are to be met by the candidate
- Training Hub will only reimburse one of these study options, not both
Stage 2 – Observation
The Training Hub will coordinate up to 2 sessions accompanying Dr Anna Trigell in Dermatology Clinics based at the Little Paxton clinic, as part of the Bucken Community Dermatology Service Clinics.
- Pre-reading for stage 2 preparation
- The clinics will run on Thursday afternoons, with dates provided to candidates for them to book in (first come, first served)
- All dates to be booked and completed within 6 months of stage 2 commencement
Please note that the session time in the clinics will be at the candidates own cost, and due to clinic scheduling, the sessions are only available on Thursday afternoons.
If you would like to use this fantastic opportunity to develop your dermatology skills, please complete and submit the application form below. We will then contact you with next steps.
Please obtain the support of your practice manager/line manager before applying, and you/they will be required to complete a Learner Agreement if your application is successful.
Are you a Trainer running dermatology clinics?
Please get in touch if you would like to get involved in sharing your knowledge and experience through the clinics you are running.