Support and develop those in your practice!
Health Education England (HEE) are funding a programme to support the development of General Practice Assistants (GPAs) in Primary Care.
GP Assistants (sometimes referred to as Medical Assistant) support doctors in the smooth running of their surgery by handling the routine administration and some basic clinical duties enabling the GP to focus on the patient.
The practice will be eligible for £1,700 per candidate in recognition of the clinical time given to support learners, any training outlay and mentor marking time.
- Completion within 6-9 months
- Framework that covers 5 domains (2 clinical and 3 non-clinical)
- Open to existing staff who are already considered competent in good patient care from experience as members of a GP practice
- Confirmation of a dedicated, named GP mentor who can guarantee regular tutorials
- On-line portal ‘Learning Assistant’
- Write up and present evidence for the GP mentor to mark and sign off
- Each learner has one day protected learning time (½ day self-learning, ½ day mentor supervision)
- Certification upon completion
There is no commitment associated with expressing an interest.
To express an interest or for more information please contact Nicola Arbon, Project Manager, by Wednesday 14th April 2021
Email email@example.com | Tel: 07377 200242.
Download General Practice Assistant Programme FAQs (word doc)
For more information on the role of a GPA visit the HEE webpage.