Course cost: £12
This course deals with the fundamentals and principles involved in preventing healthcare associated infections. You will also learn how you should manage them, and apply your principles of infection control knowledge in practice.
- Fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control
- The Chain of Infection
- Hand hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Managing the environment
- Safe handling and disposal of Linen and waste
- Managing Infection Prevention and Control
What will learners get out of it?
- Explain what a healthcare-associated infection (HCAI) is and how these infections spread
- Describe the impact healthcare-associated infections have on patients, your duty of care to patients and management in the workplace that can prevent the spread
- Describe how healthcare staff can help prevent infections from spreading
- Explain what asepsis is
- Describe how hand hygiene, personal protective equipment management of blood, body fluids, sharps, the environment and care equipment helps prevent the spread of infection
- Know about roles and responsibilities with infection prevention
Primary care version available
Skills for Health have developed a Primary care version of this course with learning scenarios and assessments adapted to the needs of GPs and other primary care organisations. If you wish to order the primary care version, please request this at the check out in the ‘order notes’ section.
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at all healthcare staff providing direct patient care.
The modules are followed by a multiple choice assessment designed to test learners’ understanding of the course. Learning progress and test results can be tracked by managers for internal development and learners can keep a certificate of completion for CPD.
Accreditations & Endorsements
This course has been developed with the support of Department of Health and Public Health England. It has most recently been developed with EPDC (Educational Development Committee) on behalf of the IPS (Infection Prevention Society).
Core Skills Framework
This course meets the outcomes for level 2 of the framework.
3 hours approx.
How to access this course
Click the link below, then click ‘book now’ and follow the checkout process. On receipt of your order, the e-learning team will be in touch to arrange access, please allow 24 hours.