This course/qualification from The Skills Network will provide learners with a detailed understanding of behaviour that challenges in children, including how such behaviour can be assessed and the avoidance techniques that can help minimise the effects of behaviour that challenges.
The course covers how different coexisting conditions, such as a learning disability, a mental health condition, sensory issues and autism can impact on behaviour that challenges and how to support those children who experience these complex behaviours.
This course is ideal for learners who currently work in, or would like to work in, the education and health and social care sectors.
- Unit 1: Awareness of behaviour that challenges in children
- Unit 2: Principles of intervention when working with behaviour that challenges in children and young people
- Unit 3: Behaviour that challenges and mental health in children
- Unit 4: Behaviour that challenges and learning disabilities
- Unit 5: Behaviour that challenges, sensory issues and autism
- Unit 6: Legislation supporting behaviour that challenges in children