A training opportunity is available to develop mental health skills and knowledge within primary care. This training is fully funded and will be delivered by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust.
Who is this training designed for: Primary care staff working directly with children, young people and their families e.g. Practice Nurses, AARS roles, Practice Psychologist or Counsellors, Social Prescribers, GPs with a specialist interest and any other person with an interest in children and young people’s mental health.
What is the training: Blended learning comprised of a mixture of trainer-led sessions (both face to face and in a virtual classroom) and self-directed online training.
Commitment needed: 2 hours per week over 20 weeks starting end of March 2023.
Delivered by: Designed and delivered by a wide range of subject matter experts.
Expected learning outcomes:
This training is intended to support participants to
- Feel confident engaging with children, young people and their families regarding mental health issues.
- Assess mental health risk and identify mental health needs when working with children and young people.
- Assess vulnerability to developing mental health problems and identify appropriate interventions to build resilience.
- Identify appropriate interventions to meet identified mental health needs.
- Understand when and how to access other services including specialist CAMH Services
- Access and evaluate reliable information and resources for both practitioners and young people and families.
- Understand and respond to a range of specific issues including self-harm, depression, anxiety, substance misuse, eating disorders, neurodevelopmental disorders, etc.
- Reflect on their mental health practice and recognise the needs of practitioners, as well as when and how to seek support and advice.
- Consider how best to work collaboratively in a complex multi-agency context.
If you can identify a colleague who is interested and can commit to this training please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
- Practice name and PCN
- Brief explanation describing how your currently work with or have an interest in children and young people’s mental health
Participants will need to have line manager permission to attend and commit to this training.