Macmillan Explore – supporting nurses and allied health professionals with an interest in specialist cancer practice.
Shape your future. Explore cancer care.
One in two people in the UK will now receive a cancer diagnosis in their lifetime which means more of the patients you see may be affected. 90% of Macmillan healthcare professionals told us that in order to better support their patients, they needed to enhance their skills and confidence in cancer care.
Macmillan Explore is an e-learning programme supported with telephone mentoring for Band 5/6 nurses wanting to develop further or looking for a speciality change, newly recruited Band 7 nurses and Allied Health Professionals across disciplines.
This programme has been designed to meet the development needs of staff who wish to increase their knowledge of cancer care and to enhance their knowledge, skills and professional confidence.
The purpose of the Macmillan Explore programme is to help and support you to:
- further develop your skills and knowledge about cancer
- enhance your current practice
- become a more competent and confident practitioner
- improve your patient care
- equip you to consider a specialist practitioner role in the future
- increase your confidence if you are a newly appointed Cancer Nurse Specialist or Allied Health Professional working in oncology.
There are four core modules exploring topics designed to support roles in cancer care teams:
- Increase your knowledge about the cancer pathway
- Macmillan services to help you, your patients and their carers
- Managing yourself
- Increase your knowledge about key elements of the specialist role
26 CPD points