Information on submitting an expression of interest for Cohort 2 can be found below- all expressions of interest will be be added to our waiting list.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Training Hub is delighted to be working with Dr Emily Gwinnell to deliver an FSRH endorsed training scheme to general practice clinicians with an interest and service need for the Diploma for the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (DFSRH). This programme is supported by a team of experienced local faculty registered trainers.
There will be an opportunity to complete letters of competence training following the completion of the DFSRH, please note letters of competence stand alone training is not offered at this time. There are opportunities to access DFSRH as a funded programme, the specific eligibility criteria can be found below under funded programme options.
Diploma process explained
- be registered with a UK or Irish professional regulatory body and if you are a doctor, have a license to practice
- be able to give an intramuscular injection (self-certification)
- be able to give a subcutaneous injection (self-certification)
- be able to perform a speculum examination (can be self certified if part of one of the below groups; Registered Doctor, Registered Physician Associate, Registered Midwife, Registered Nurse who is a current qualified cervical sample taker, Registered Nurse who holds the FSRH LoC IUT. For healthcare professionals outside these groups, you will need have this skill verified by any member of the 5 healthcare professional groups mentioned above or by a Faculty Registered Trainer (FRT))
- Be up to date with basic life support and anaphylaxis training
The programme offered by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is registered with FSRH. Once we have received your expression of interest, we will invite you to an interview with our Training Programme Director (TPD) providing you meet the above entry requirements. Following a successful interview, you will be sent a ‘Learner Agreement’ document to be completed and signed by you as the trainee, and by your practice to indicate how they will support you through your qualification.
Upon submitting your application to the training hub, a non refundable fee of £250 will be payable to FSRH. More detail on submitting your application can be found on their website here. Once you have been accepted, please email your registration date to us at email@example.com, as this is this start of the 2 year timescale in which you will need to complete all the training.
*please note you must find patients within your own clinics.
Completion and recertification
You can find out more about what commitments the FSRH will uphold and what the FSRH will ask of candidates who are training under the DFSRH programme in the DFSRH 2020 Learner Charter
There is an annual cost for diplomate membership which can be found on the FSRH website. You will need to recertify every 5 years; please click here to read more about the recertification process.
Funded programme options
We have funded places available through the Training Hub on the DFSRH training scheme for clinicians wanting to complete their DFSRH within the next 12 months. Please note: places will be allocated with consideration for the current number of trained staff in the area.
What will we provide?
- Up to 20 hours of FRT time
- 1 funded place for a local Assessment Half Day (AHD)
- Reimbursement for certification cost
What do we ask of you?
- A local clinician who has been working in general practice for at least 1 year, working at least 3 sessions a week in general practice in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough (GPs and Nurses), seeing contraception patients independently in your own practice
- Depending on your experience, you may need support from a mentor in your own practice
- Have access to relevant patients for DFSRH
- Meet entry requirements as stipulated by FSRH above
- That you understand this programme is predominantly self-directed learning and will require you to commit to 30-40 hours of independent study in your own time
- It is our requirement to pass the Online Theory Assessment within the first 6 months of commencing the programme
- A commitment to complete the agreed training within 12 months of planned start date.
- You are fully supported by your practice/nominated practice
How do I register my interest?
Expressions of interest for Cohort 2 can be submitted by sending your name, role and practice to our email firstname.lastname@example.org– all expressions of interest will be be added to our waiting list.
FSRH Diploma Journey