- Increased confidence in recognising likely symptoms of ADHD and distinguishing them from other disorders with similar presentations
- Knowledge of current best practice for diagnosis and management
- Outline of neurodevelopmental basis for ADHD
- Prevalence across the lifespan
- Clinical presentations & consequences
- Screening & diagnosis
- Management (pharmacological, physical and psychosocial aspects)
Alexandra Lewis is a consultant psychiatrist specialising in Forensic Psychiatry and Child &
Adolescent Psychiatry. She has developed particular expertise in assessment and management of neurodevelopmental disorders including Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Autism Spectrum Conditions in children, young people and adults.
She undertakes clinical work 1 day a week with Cambridge & Peterborough Foundation Trust’s Adult ADHD Service.
She is the UK Adult ADHD Network (UKAAN) East of England Regional Lead and was an author of the (open access) 2021 article ‘Failure of healthcare provision for Attention-Deficit / Hyperactive Disorder in the United Kingdom : a consensus statement’ https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2021.649399/full
Outside her CPFT role, she is a Clinical Advisor to the Health & Justice Central Team at NHS England & NHS Improvement and to the Metropolitan Police and contributes to national clinical oversight for Health and Justice commissioned services through her membership of the Health and Justice Clinical Reference Group.