The session will aim to:
- Introduce acquired brain injury in terms of needs and prevalence
- Share theories of typical brain development and what happens when we acquire an injury
- Think about the hidden cognitive and communication needs CYP may present with
- Explore what the evidence tells us about the risks of not getting the right support
- Discuss interventions that may support families and schools
- Think about how we integrate these ideas into models of service delivery
This course is intended for practitioners in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough who work with children and their families. Participants will be encouraged to interact and contribute to the discussion.
The workshop will be presented by Dr Gemma Costello, Clinical Lead at the Cambridge Centre for Paediatric Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, CPFT.
This workshop is FREE to all Cambridgeshire and Peterborough practitioners who work with children, young people and their families.