This short workshop (60 minutes followed by an optional 30 minutes for further discussion) offers those attending an opportunity to explore and understand how to contribute to building an inclusive workplace where people are valued and respected.
By the end of the workshop attendees will:
- Be familiar with the different barriers to inclusion (e.g. unconscious bias, microaggressions) and how these impact on people
- Have had an opportunity to explore factors that can both hinder and support their inclusive practice
- Have explored ways to support inclusion in the workplace
- Have a personal action plan to support building an inclusive workplace
Any member of admin staff who wants to contribute to building an inclusive workplace
- Defining inclusion- What does inclusion mean to you?
- Barriers to inclusion
- Way to be inclusive – applying the learning in everyday situations
- Ongoing Support and Learning
- Reflective space (optional 30 minutes)