Get Ahead of the Game with Cancer Care Reviews
This course is delivered by a Macmillan Nurse and will cover the skills involved to do a meaningful cancer care review using the Macmillan template including sessions on:-
- Cancer Treatments
- Social Prescribing
- Behaviour Change and living well
- HNA – a tool to assist assessment
- Lifestyle and Screening
- Cancer Emergencies
- Introduction to Communication for Cancer Care Reviews
- Cancer Care Reviews – Practical Session
- Opportunity to speak with CCG GP Clinical Leads for Cancer
As cancer becomes increasingly treated as a long-term condition it will become more important to deliver proper care within primary care, similar to how diabetic care has changed. We expect this will be properly funded probably through PCNs.
This course follows on from the successful 3-day Practice Nurse training course which was attended by 16 practices.
This is intended for Practices Nurses – but anyone who undertakes cancer care reviews within your practice are invited to attend.
This one-day course is open to all practices.