To offer front line staff – eg Receptionists – skills training to enable confident and effective handling of challenging situations involving anger, aggression and threatening behaviour.
- Understanding strong emotional responses and triggers of anger & aggression
- Approach models: Applying conflict management strategies in confrontational situations
- Assessing risk factors, and noticing warning & danger signs
- Verbal & non-verbal communication tools and de-escalation techniques
- Personal safety, setting boundaries and connecting to help
- Reflection and resilience
There is half an hour planned in the session for lunch