Supervision accessibility requirements: Please note that to access supervision funded through the NHS Leadership Academy, coaches and mentors should be able to demonstrate that you are actively coaching / mentoring in your organisations or across your ICS. Ideally you will also be registered on the regional Coaching and Mentoring register offering your services across the region.
Coaching supervision provides emotional support, enabling the coach to deal with the intensity of working with clients. Inevitably, coaches will be affected emotionally by being present and empathic with their coaching clients. To remain effective, coaches need to attend to themselves so they avoid over-identifying with their clients or defending against being further affected.
Coaching supervision addresses the skills, understanding and capabilities of the supervisee through the reflection and exploration of the supervisee’s work with their clients. In this exploration, the supervisor helps the coach to:
- understand the client better
- become more aware of their own reactions and responses to the client
- understand the dynamics of coach–client interaction
- examine how they intervened and the consequences
- explore other ways of working with this and other similar client situations.
The Group Supervision will be hosted by Lesley Cave, an experienced and dedicated Professional Certificated Coach (PCC) with the ICF, a certificated coach supervisor, mentor coach and coach trainer.
You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team