The contract of employment is the key document which governs the employment relationship. But do you know what should be included, what could be included and what could happen if you get it wrong?
Join Desley Sherwin and Laura Hill of Roythornes Solicitors employment law team as they take you through the essential details about contacts of employment – the legal requirements, the ways in which it can be used and the common pitfalls to avoid.
There will be plenty of time for questions as the team use practical examples to illustrate the finer points of this important area of employment law.
Part I – 14 July 2021, 11:00-12:00
- Definition – What is a contract of employment?
- The process – offer of employment, acceptance of the offer
- Types of contract – flexibility and type of employment status – employee, worker, agency worker, self-employed, ‘zero hours contracts’, the ‘gig economy’
- Written statement of particulars of employment – the essentials, and the supplementary options, and The Good Work Plan
- References to handbooks and other policies
Part II – 21 July, 11:00-12:00
- Express and implied terms
- Mobility clauses, restrictive covenants
- Varying contracts of employment – requests from either side – the process and risks
- Termination of the contract