This CPD-accredited learning package is for people with experience of working with patients who have COPD; it is designed to update and refresh their knowledge and know how.
Update your COPD skills and share best practice with this CPD accredited course
This COPD refresher package is designed for health and care professionals who manage people with COPD, who wish to refresh their skills and implement quality improvement initiatives.
Led by an experienced clinical specialist and facilitator, these highly interactive sessions will enable you to update your clinical practice by:
- Discussing and reviewing best practice models
- Understanding COPD phenotypes
- Pharmacological treatment strategies – initial and follow up
- Exacerbations – is it or isn’t it?
- The importance and techniques for supported self-management
This is a series of two 2 hour facilitated online workshops with research and quality initiatives to be undertaken between sessions. It combines group discussions, peer review and best practice development. These sessions are highly interactive, based on the specific needs of the individuals and group; led by an experienced facilitator and clinical specialist.
Familiarisation of national guidance along with any local formularies and guidelines will be an asset.
- An understanding of best practice models and treatment strategies
- A range of options for supporting people in self-management
- How to apply national and local guidelines
- How to understand the needs of your practice population and take positive action
- The completion of a service improvement initiative for your practi