This four-part online evening course is presented by the Beds & Herts Faculty and is open to GP Trainees working towards their unscheduled care competencies and GPs wanting to start or return to out of hours work. Each session will last two-hours, providing an overview of key knowledge and skills required to undertake out of hours work.
You will identify the differences between out of hours work and daytime general practice, including, remote assessment, strategies to mitigate isolated decision-making, lack of continuity of care and limited access to the electronic medical record.
In the fourth of the four sessions, we will focus on Mental health, learning disabilities presentations and challenging conversations/situations.
• Review of mental health assessment telephone skills
• How to Risk assess out of hours mental health presentations
• When and how to escalate care
• Learning how to deal with;
- frequent callers
- drug addiction
- failed disposition and negotiating a management plan
- clinical complexity
- memory problems and the poor historian
- decision-making around what does and does not require out of hours assessment
Dr Adrian Richardson, Hertfordshire GP’s working in the Out of Hours and Urgent Care
Pricing per session:
- AiT rate- £50.00
- RCGP Member rate – £65.00
- Non Member rate- £90.00