Essentials Webinar Series is a programme of 1.5 hour webinars – broadcast live – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. These webinars are recorded live and are available for delegates to access freely for six months after the webinar date.
Join us for this webinar to improve how we safely and supportively approach hepatitis B and C in primary care.
Hepatitis is caused by a virus in the blood. Roughly 350 million across the globe have hepatitis B, and 170 million with hepatitis C. Understanding how to effectively treat and manage patients presenting with these diseases is more important than ever.
Expert speakers will discuss topics thoroughly to help you gain a further understanding of the burden these conditions carry for individuals globally and in the UK, and the public health approach as understood by the WHO.
Additionally, an insight into effective screening, vaccinations, and referral pathways will be discussed in order to develop confidence and vigilance when dealing with this high-risk but treatable disease.
- Diagnosis of Hepatitis B & C
- Highlight the burden on this condition globally & UK
- Highlight the requirement for vaccination, screening and referral pathways
- Discuss new treatment options
- Epidemiology and burden of the disease
- Overview of the English elimination programme
- Elimination of Hepatitis C as a clinical disease
Dr Anne Connolly, RCGP Women’s Health Champion, GPSI Gynaecology & Chair of the Primary Care Women’s Health Forum
- Dr Kosh Agarwal, Consultant Hepatologist and Transplant Physician, Institute of Liver Studies, King’s College Hospital, London
- AiT rate – £15
- Members rate – £20
- Non-members rate – £30
This is part 3 of 3 in the Sexual Health Series.