Falling is a life changing event for older people with most of them not returning to their previous levels of independence. The impact of families and carers, as well as the health and social care sector, is also significant.
There is strong evidence that a multi-factorial assessment and focused interventions can reduce the risk of falls and resulting injury and help older people stay stronger for longer.
- To understand the importance of Falls Prevention
- To be able to identify falls risk factors
- To be aware of NICE Guidance for Falls Prevention
- To be aware of referral pathways for falls prevention
- Dr Viveca Kirthisinhga – CPFT Community Geriatrician
- Annami Palmer – CPFT Falls Prevention Clinical Lead