This GP education session with Dr Rebecca Ellard is being delivered as part of the CPTH GP Education Programme. It is open to GPs and ACPs working in Primary Care in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
A 90min virtual talk on all things eating disorders in primary care.
- Signs to look out for and how to diagnose a patient – your role in early detection of an ED
- How to refer a patient and what to do if you are worried
- What happens once you make a referral.
- Medical monitoring and the importance of it
- What happens on discharge from the service
Plenty of time for questions
Dr Rebecca Ellard currently works part-time with the Community Adult Eating Disorder Service in the CPFT as the GP Clinical lead, and also works part-time as a GP. She studied medicine at Barts and the Royal London, and Biomedicine at the University of East Anglia. Rebecca has an interest in teaching and education and completed her PGCME at Cambridge University.
She is currently on maternity leave and enjoying the chaos of three children! Her other passions are art, long walks, cycling and yoga.
This session will take place via Zoom. After booking, you will receive joining instructions approximately 24 hours before the event.