You might already be aware that a partnership between the health and housing sector can be beneficial for communities but you may not be sure what that looks like in practice. You may have an idea of what you want to do but lack the knowledge of the housing sector to get the ball rolling and to ensure your plans will come to fruition.
- What do you think of when you ‘housing’?
- Do you know how the sector works?
- How are housing, health inequalities and patient pathways interlinked?
- And why should working collaboratively with the housing sector matter to you?
- What are the social value benefits of health and housing collaborations?
This webinar would be beneficial for those working either at an operational or strategic level in clinical services, where the availability of and access to good quality housing and wrap around support plays a key role in patient outcomes.
What will the webinar cover?
- Provide an overview of the housing sector and its background
- De-mystify housing by understanding ‘who does what’ within local government and housing associations
- Uncover housing’s offer to the NHS, and share examples of collaboration that have delivered improved outcomes for patients and residents.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Liz Parsons, Head of Public Health for Social Housing and the Built Environment (Milton Keynes, Bedford & Central Beds)
- Claire Astbury, Head of Housing Strategy and Development (Luton Borough Council)
- Sarah Roxby, Service Director Housing and Health (WDH)
- Neil Blanchard, Chief Executive (Southdown Housing Association)