Essentials Webinar Series is a programme of 1.5-hour webinars – broadcast live – providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. These webinars are recorded live and are available for delegates to access freely for six months from the webinar date.
Health inequalities are avoidable, unfair and systematic differences in health between different groups of people. Over the last decade due to a global financial crisis, austerity, cuts to public service and then a pandemic, the UK has seen a widening in inequalities experienced. This has impacted education, health, nutrition and mental health in all age groups. Public services including the NHS have been charged with responding to these issues. In this interactive workshop, we will explore the policy frameworks and practical ways you can address inequalities in your practice, so you feel enthused and empowered to provide high quality care for everyone in your community.
- Understand the definitions and impact of health inequalities and social determinants of health
- The current NHS position on inequalities – information and interaction
- Know about models of interprofessional education and practice that promote inclusion – information and interaction
- Know why inclusion health groups are special and why they need our attention
- Practical ways to identify and support inclusion – interactive scenario and discussion
- Consider brain injury as a differential
- Understand the basics of complex trauma
Dr Emma Salik, RCGP Beds & Herts Faculty Education Lead
Dr Sumayyah Mian
AiT rate – £15
RCGP Member rate – £20
Non-Member rate – £30
The webinar is hosted by the Beds & Herts Faculty.