This event is intended for healthcare professionals, local healthcare system leaders and system partners such as the AHSN network. This event is not intended for patients and members of the public.
The Accelerated Access Collaborative will be hosting an online Town Hall event on Thursday 23rd September, 9-10am, to discuss the implementation of the LDL-C lowering therapy inclisiran into the lipid management pathway in England via a Population Health Management approach.
Please save the date in your diary by registering for this free event. Registered attendees will receive the Teams Live event link ahead of the event date.
Implementing effective lipid management for patients is one of the national priorities for the NHS in England in the prevention and management of Cardiovascular Disease (CVD). Introducing innovation to the lipid pathway is one of the core components to enable this.
NICE published a Final Appraisal Document (FAD) for inclisiran on Wednesday 1st September, recommending it as an option for use in the secondary prevention of CVD (FAD available here for full information on the recommendation)
Its approval for use in the NHS comes as part of a collaboration agreement between Government, NHS England and NHS Improvement, and Novartis to deploy this new therapy into the NHS in England via a Population Health Management approach.
This event is for local health system leaders in Integrated Care Systems (ICSs), Primary Care Networks (PCNs), and Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs) as well as primary care health care professionals such as GPs, practice-based pharmacists and nurses, and CVD/lipid experts who will be leading on activity to improve lipid management for patients as part of this national priority.
- Welcome and introduction – Matt Whitty (Chair)
- Addressing the NHS Long Term Ambitions for CVD Prevention – Dr Shahed Ahmad
- Live panel discussion: role of primary care, secondary care, and AHSNs in implementing inclisiran as an innovation to the lipid management pathway – Dr Kiren Collison, Dr Jaimini Cegla, Dr Phil Jennings
- Audience Q&A
- Closing remarks – Matt Whitty
Speakers will include:
- Matt Whitty, Director of Innovation Research and Life Sciences at NHS England and NHS Improvement, and CEO of the Accelerated Access Collaborative
- Dr Shahed Ahmad, National Clinical Director for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention at NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Dr Kiren Collison, Deputy Medical Director for Primary Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement.
- Dr Jaimini Cegla, Consultant in Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Dr Phil Jennings, Chief Executive, Innovation Agency
- Fiona Bride, Director of Market Access, Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK
- Dr Tracey Vell, Clinical Director, Health Innovation Manchester
Disclaimer: NHSE&I is working with Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd as part of a collaboration which includes resources in the form of funding, skills, expertise, project management and administrative support. Ownership of the agenda and content of this meeting is the responsibility of NHS England and Improvement. Novartis has had input into development of the agenda and content for this meeting. Novartis has checked the associated materials against applicable codes and both parties are working within applicable codes.
Questions about this event?
Name: Nicola Barnett
Telephone: 07783 895393