Registered nurses, associate practitioners and health care assistants who have attended the 2 days leg ulcer study days.
- To enable the student to update on evidence base, up to date knowledge in management of leg ulcers and chronic wounds.
- To ensure a standardised approach to further treatments in leg ulcer management and chronic wounds.
The student will be able to:
- Understand when to progress to further in-depth assessment, referral and treatment.
- Understand the theory and practice of using other treatments and its limitations.
- Be aware of other strategies to prevent chronic wounds.
Competencies to be achieved
- PP sessions: Update and presentations of new products or new evidence on treatment of leg ulcers and chronic wounds.
- Discussion about caseload patients or case studies.
- To be Included in previous Leg ulcer competency document.