We are delighted to be working with Stonewall, who take an empowerment approach to help individuals create more inclusive cultures. Workshops are designed to increase people’s confidence through a blend of education and discussion to help participants better understand the experiences of LGBTQ+ people.
Research has shown that LGBTQ+ people are more likely to experience mental ill health than non-LGBTQ+ people, and are also more likely to face barriers when it comes to accessing healthcare. This session is designed to encourage participants to understand LGBTQ+ people’s experiences within these areas, as well as how they can support the wellbeing of LGBTQ+ people in the workplace.
- Understand more about LGBTQ+ people’s experiences of mental health and wellbeing
- Discuss the barriers that prevent conversations and work on mental health being inclusive of LGBTQ+ people
- Explore practical ways to reflect and support LGBTQ+ people’s experiences in your mental health work
- You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
- The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
- You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
- We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
- Please note: this webinar may be recorded.