This session seeks to demystify the subject of medical terminology by making the subject accessible to those with little or no experience of the subject.
Although we consider some of the theoretical aspects of the subject this training is rooted in the practicality of working in a busy primary care setting.
- All staff new to general practice or existing staff who wish to develop their level of understanding.
- To remove the fear of medical terminology by giving context to its use in healthcare
- A practical response. This includes some methodological approaches to use in the work-place.
- Understand the basics of medical terminology
- Understand word building
- Understand the relationship between the words and the anatomy and physiology
- Understand and learn medical abbreviations
- Discover terminology associated with healthcare specialities and procedures