This webinar with Dr Hannah Short is being delivered as part of the GP Fellowship Education Programme and is open to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough GPs who are enrolled on the GP Fellowship Scheme or who are within their first 5 years of practice. The session will cover:
- Understanding the importance of menopausal healthcare (for individuals and society)
- The primary care menopause consultation
- Safe and effective HRT prescription.
- The natural menopausal transition
- Premature ovarian insufficiency (POI)
- Iatrogenic menopause (medical and surgical)
- Long-term health effects of oestrogen deficiency
- Management options – lifestyle, HRT and alternatives to HRT
- Prescribing HRT – risks, benefits and side effects
Attendees may benefit from reviewing these resources prior to attending:
The BMS Tools for Clinicians: https://thebms.org.uk/publications/tools-for-clinicians/
Dr Hannah Short is an NHS GP and an accredited Specialist in Menopause & Premenstrual Disorders, recognised by the British Menopause Society (BMS), The International Association for Premenstrual Disorders (IAPMD) and The National Association for Premenstrual Syndrome (NAPS).
This session will take place via Zoom. After booking, you will receive joining instructions approximately 24 hours before the event.