PAD and foot disease (diabetic) 9.00 -12.30
And Introduction to the Leg ulcer and Chronic oedema from 13.30 to 15.30
Registered nurses, associate practitioners and health care assistants.
- To enable the student to acquire evidence based, up to date knowledge and skills in recognition of PAD and prevention and management of foot ulcers
- To ensure a standardised approach to looking after problems with foot
The student will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the at-risk diabetic foot recognition of PAD and infection.
- Apply the principles of holistic assessment and work with podiatry team to draw up a management care plan.
- Demonstrate un understanding of the foot pathway and timely appropriate referral to other teams.
Awareness to be achieved:
- PP sessions: Pathophysiology of PAD, diabetic foot ulcers and discussion regarding pathway.
Quiz or reading to be completed during the time allocated on the study days.