To enable participants to become familiar with safer recruitment principles and develop competence and confidence in recruiting safely into roles working with children and young people.
- Identify the risks associated with recruitment of staff and volunteers for work with children and young people
- Recognise key legislation, guidance and policies that underpin safer recruitment and promote a safer culture
- Describe the key features of a safer recruitment process that will help to prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Develop the skills and understanding needed to put in place safer recruitment processes
- Plan for implementing safer recruitment practices in your organisation