This webinar covers:
- Overview – why is safer recruitment so important, possible consequences, legal responsibilities.
- Application pack – applicant information packs, job description, person specification, safeguarding statement, applications forms, selection process overview, references and job advert.
- Shortlisting – considering applications, contacting referees, references, self-disclosure forms, preparing for interview.
- Interviews – questions, listening, causes for concern.
- Pre-appointment – checks to be carried out, eligibility to work in UK, DBS if required, professional status, overseas checks, hiring through 3rd parties, conditional offer.
- Induction – induction process, staff handbook, key policies & legislation, training, supervision, risk assessments.
- Managing allegations – immediate steps, involving outside agencies e.g. LADO/HR/ fact finding & reporting, links to policies & training.
Case studies are used throughout