This event is popular and places are funded by the Training Hub, so please only book if you are sure you can attend. If you do book and later find you are unable to attend for any reason, please let us know so that we can reallocate your place to our waiting list.
This web workshop is for Practice Managers, Assistant Practice Managers and Business Managers wanting to understand how to do safer recruitment within General Practice.
The module will be delivered as an interactive session with practical guidance to enable participants to map the techniques and outcomes onto their own practice.
Once you’ve completed this workshop, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Understand the importance of having strict safer recruitment practices How to navigate and promote a safer culture and recruiting process within your practice
- Know how to put together an effective applicant information pack, including a job description and safeguarding statement
- Know what to look for when shortlisting candidates
- Understand how to contact referees and know what is needed from a reference
- Know how to successfully interview candidates
- Understand what is involved in the pre-appointment checks, including DBS checks
- Understand the importance of a thorough staff induction process, including safeguarding training.
Welcome & Introductions
Introduction to Safer Recruitment
- Why is Safer Recruitment Important?
Step 1: Create the Job Description and Application Pack
Step 2: Shortlist Candidates, Contact Referees and Review Disclosures
Step 3: Interview Shortlisted Candidates
Step 4: Pre-Appointment and DBS Checks
Step 5: The Induction Process and Maintaining a Safe Workplace