Free Suicide Mitigation Training for GPs and Primary Care Staff
Now available via Webinar!
Delivered by a CPSL Mind Trainer and GP, Dr Sophie Redlin, the Connecting with People training by 4Mental Health will provide your practice staff with:
- An understanding of suicidal thinking & compassionate response
- A clinical tool that will enable you to assess and triage a suicidal patient
- The ability to co-produce a safety plan with a patient to support them to stay safe
- The opportunity to ‘speak the same language’ as other services trained in using this tool, such as CPFT and FRS.
Section 1: Suicide Awareness for Primary Care – Suitable for all primary care practice staff (1.5 hours)
- Promotes a role for ALL in suicide prevention
- Suitable for professionals and community members
- Develops understanding & compassion
- Introduces concept that suicide is not inevitable – ambivalence and interruption
- Develops common language between community, services and those in distress
- Develops a compassionate approach for demanding and time-pressured environments
- Equips delegates to use the resources provided to signpost to appropriate support
- Equips the delegate with the knowledge of how make their own Safety Plan