This session is primarily for those with responsibility for the NHS Pension Scheme (eg, GPs, Practice Managers, etc).
The process of administering the NHS pension for Officer members (ie, non GP Practitioners) is complex and common errors occur which carry consequences for members and employers. Even if your practice outsources their payroll and/or pension administration, your practice is still legally responsible for any subsequent errors. This session will provide you with a comprehensive guide to many crucial elements of the scheme.
The end of year SD55 submissions are a mandatory requirement with a specific deadline of 31 May each year. Failure to submit these on time and with accurate information can have far reaching consequences. For the 2022/23 submission, practices will have to enter mid-year contribution change information for all staff because of the radical changes to the scheme that came into place from 1 October 2022. With this in mind, the session will include preparing for those submissions.
This session includes:
- NHS Pension Overview – including scheme differences for those staff who have accrued membership of more than one scheme (ie, 1995, 2008 and/or 2015)
- Employer responsibilities (including end of year reporting), common errors, final pay controls
- How to stay up to date with changes
- Technical know how for less frequent tasks (eg, retirement applications, death in service, etc)
- Using the pension as a tool for staff retention
After the session you will receive not only copies of the presentation slides, but also a plethora of handouts to assist you in your NHS Pension administration role.