Workforce shortages are the biggest single challenge facing the NHS and adult social care. Effective workforce planning is key to addressing these shortages.
In our recently published working paper, we looked at how many full-time equivalent staff the NHS in England might need by 2030/31 to meet projected demand under several alternative scenarios. The REAL Centre’s upcoming workforce projections report will set out the scale of staffing shortages, focusing on general practice workforce and nursing over the next decade and discuss the policy options.
In this webinar, we will focus on the general practice workforce, exploring:
- What is the outlook for the supply and demand of GPs and other patient care staff working in general practices and primary care networks
- What are the implications for the future of general practice
- What can policymakers do to support access to high quality general practice services over this decade.
- Anita Charlesworth, Director of Research and the REAL Centre, the Health Foundation
- Rebecca Fisher, Senior Policy Fellow, the Health Foundation
Dr Jennifer Dixon, Chief Executive, the Health Foundation