This session is primarily for those with responsibility for the NHS Pension Scheme (eg, GPs, Practice Managers, etc). The process of administering the NHS pension for Officer members (ie, non GP Practitioners) is complex and common errors occur which carry consequences for members and employers. Even if your practice outsources their payroll and/or pension administration, your practice is still legally responsible for any subsequent errors. This session will provide you with a comprehensive guide to many crucial elements of the scheme.
This session includes:
- NHS Pension Overview including scheme differences
- Employer responsibilities (including end of year reporting), common errors, final pay controls
- How to stay up to date with changes (including those implemented from 1 April 2022)
- Technical know how to process retirement applications
- Using the pension as a tool for staff retention