This course is facilitated by the Affinity Connect and is promoted by the ICS Staff Support Hub, for all those working in health, social care, the voluntary sector or not-for-profit sector in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
This course has been designed to identify key topics that will help you strengthen your financial wellbeing by enabling you to make informed decisions when it comes to financial planning.
It is aimed at individuals wishing to take control of their finances.
- Help you to understand take home pay
- Help you to take stock of your current financial position, discuss the benefits of budgeting and explore options of how to cut costs
- Highlight the different types of borrowing and how to manage debt and improve credit scoring
- Help you to understand the State Pension and different types of workplace pensions
- Understand the next steps and where to receive further guidance and investments
Personal taxation, allowances and benefits (Your take home pay)
- Income tax
- National Insurance
- Marriage allowance
Understanding your finances
- Reviewing your outgoings
Reviewing your borrowing
- Different types of borrowing
- Credit card overpayments
- Mortgage overpayments
- Credit scores
- Repaying debt
Savings and investments
- Creating a savings strategy taking account of short, medium and longer term goals
- The importance of planning for unexpected expenditure
- Tax efficient savings
- Understanding investment risk
The value of your pensions
- The State Pension, how much and when you are likely to receive your benefits
- Workplace pension – The basics, Are your pensions on track?, Tax efficiency in pension, saving, Your benefits at retirement, Options available at retirement.
For more information about the Staff Support Hub and the support we offer, take a look at our website: www.staffsupporthub.org.
Affinity Connect is a trading name of Affinity Connect Limited and is a member of the Wealth at Work group of companies. Registered in England and Wales No. 04256854. Registered office: 5 Temple Square, Temple Street, Liverpool L2 5RH. Telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for training and record-keeping purposes.