Staff have given us valuable feedback on how to improve the transition into roles in Primary Care. In response, we have now developed a virtual induction programme for anyone new to Primary Care. The aim is to support your local Practice induction by providing a consistent and comprehensive introduction to working in Primary Care. We plan to run this induction programme monthly.
Who is it for?
Any staff new to General Practice. Please note: It is beneficial if staff have had a few days to orientate themselves to the work place before attending the Induction.
The programme includes:
- Introduction to Primary Care
- How the Training Hub supports you – booking training, funding, meet the team
- Getting started with SystmOne / EMIS
- Understanding Pensions
- Resilience, Wellbeing & Psychological Safety
- Introduction to Personalised Care, Patient Activation & Supported Self Management
- Let’s Talk about Mental Illness – an introduction
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- PHE - Physical Activity
- Infection Control
The programme will be run live via Zoom and MSTeams.
How do I book?
Click 'find dates' button to find the next available programme dates. If there are none currently listed, please contact us to ask about planned future dates.
Feedback from the first Induction Programme:
100% of attendees said they felt more knowledgeable and prepared to start their new roles. Feedback/comments received:
- I have found today so useful
- All really excellent - and so needed.
- In all honestly it was so much better than I expected - so incredibly useful. I'm very impressed.
- It was jam packed with information
- Thoroughly enjoyed it thank you so much!