The aim of this CPPE programme is to develop your skills and confidence to support people living with chronic pain. You will consider the safe and effective use of medicines, focusing on opioids, and how to use a person-centred approach to empower people to live well with pain.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- explain the basic principles of analgesic stewardship
- demonstrate approaches to overcome barriers and potential challenges to safe and effective use of opioids you may encounter in practice
- apply a shared decision-making approach to discussions involving pain, with a focus on safe and effective use of opioids
- discuss your role in supporting people with opioid reduction and deprescribing
- support people to self-manage their pain while demonstrating a person-centred approach.