The Foot Risk Awareness and Management Education (FRAME) project was commissioned by the Scottish Government to produce an e-learning resource which would help standardise diabetes foot screenings performed by Health Care Professionals.
The website aims to provide an interactive way of learning and uses animations and case scenarios. There is an assessment involving case scenarios at the end of this module which the learner may opt to undertake and which, if passed, gives a certificate of completion.
On completion of these resources you should have a working knowledge of foot problems in diabetes, be aware of the importance of foot screening and how to carry this out.
You will learn:
- An overview of diabetes mellitus
- How to identify common foot problems in diabetes
- How to assist in the management of these problems
- Risk factors
- The importance of foot screening
- How to carry out a foot screening
- How to assess risk