Please see below for the previous training program documentation which can be used to support any in house training.
Support and develop those in your practice!
GP Assistants (sometimes referred to as Medical Assistant) support doctors in the smooth running of their surgery by handling the routine administration and some basic clinical duties enabling the GP to focus on the patient, leading to an increase in GPs time, patient satisfaction and job satisfaction.
- Completion over a 6 month period
- Framework that covers 5 domains (2 clinical and 3 non-clinical) and awarded 10 credits and Level 4 is achieved
- Open to existing staff who are already in roles such as Receptionist; Phlebotomists; Secretaries; HCAs; Administrators – banded 3-4 (AfC).
- Confirmation of a dedicated, named GP mentor who can provide mentorship, guidance and supervision and sign off submitted programme work. Secondary ‘non-clinical’ mentor possible.
- On-line portal ‘Learning Assistant’
- Write up and present evidence for the GP mentor to mark and sign off
- Each learner has one day protected learning time (½ day self-learning, ½ day mentor supervision)
- Certification upon completion and sign off by the University of Chester
- Mandatory evaluation of programme for both learner and Mentors