How to deliver a quality NHS Health Check’ & ‘Point of Care blood testing’ with Abbott
Who is it for?
All primary care and outreach staff who wish to deliver NHS Health Checks in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough – new starters and experienced.
What is it?
The NHS Health Check programme is a public health programme for 40-74 year olds aiming to keep people well for longer. It’s a cardiovascular risk assessment & management programme (with elements of screening) to prevent or delay onset of diabetes, heart, kidney disease & stroke. For more information visit: www.healthcheck.nhs.uk.
What will you learn?
This training session will cover the following;
- Assist deliverers providing the NHS Health Checks programme deliver a quality service based on the DH guidance on Best Practice and Quality Assurance Standards
- Build on knowledge, skills and confidence in delivering NHS Health Checks
- Calculate CV Risk
- Consider different ways of communicating risk
- Share your knowledge & experience & highlight your skills & learning needs to deliver quality NHS Health Checks
- This training also gives an update following the new national Best Practice Guidance Oct 2019
- Additional training session: Training to cover Point of Care blood testing with Abbott (Alere are now Abbott).
- Thursday 7th Dec
- Tuesday 5th March 2024
To Book or for further information
Please contact Danielle Leek Danielle.email@example.com