How to deliver a quality NHS Health Check’ & ‘Point of Care blood testing’ with Abbott
Who is it for?
All primary care and outreach staff who wish to deliver NHS Health Checks in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough – new starters and experienced.
What is it?
The NHS Health Check programme is a public health programme for 40-74 year olds aiming to keep people well for longer. It’s a cardiovascular risk assessment & management programme (with elements of screening) to prevent or delay onset of diabetes, heart, kidney disease & stroke. For more information visit: www.healthcheck.nhs.uk.
What will you learn?
This training session will cover the following;
- Assist deliverers providing the NHS Health Checks programme deliver a quality service based on the DH guidance on Best Practice and Quality Assurance Standards
- Build on knowledge, skills and confidence in delivering NHS Health Checks
- Calculate CV Risk
- Consider different ways of communicating risk
- Share your knowledge & experience & highlight your skills & learning needs to deliver quality NHS Health Checks
- This training also gives an update following the new national Best Practice Guidance Oct 2019
- Additional training session: Training to cover Point of Care blood testing with Abbott (Alere are now Abbott).
To Book or for further information
Please contact Shaun Birdsall, Health Improvement Specialist on 01223 507225 or email@example.com.