Following on from discussions at the recent ‘Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) Listening Event’, we are hosting an Active Bystander training session on challenging inappropriate workplace behaviours.
Witnessing verbal and physical abuse, discrimination, racism and micro-aggression effects everyone. This event has been developed to support ALL members of of the Primary Care Team and we welcome anyone who works in a primary care setting to this event.
This session will include:
- Decision-making techniques to help people overcome fear and self doubt when faced with a challenging situation
- Assertiveness techniques to give them the confidence and tools to speak out, whether they are dealing with the challenge directly or calling for help from others.
- Each delegate also receives an ‘Active Bystander’ toolkit booklet, which contains the main techniques covered in the session.
RCGP Member – FREE, Non Member – £10
- This event is open to all GPs and practice teams in the UK.
- No more than 3 people from the same practice team will be accepted on this event.
- Maximum 40 places available.
- his event is delivered by Active Bystander Training Company and paid for by RCGP Mersey.
Lucy Anderson – The Active Bystander Training Company
Lucy has extensive experience in Employee Engagement, Training, HR and Organisational Development at a senior level across all sectors. She is an accomplished trainer, speaker and business focused professional who has held People and Organisation Development Director roles in the commercial and third sectors, as well as undertaking senior operational roles in the public sector. Learning and development projects have included working for the Mayor of London on the 2012 Olympic Programme where she was responsible for designing and delivering the 2012 engagement training and workshops for all City Hall employees ahead of the Olympics. She has considerable expertise in leading comprehensive culture change and communication initiatives which she has successfully delivered in a variety of organisations throughout her career. Lucy has an honours degree in Business Studies and is fully CIPD qualified.
The Active Bystander Training Company operates globally in three languages. Its clients include listed companies, government departments, universities and schools.
Mersey Faculty firstname.lastname@example.org