Please note that the date and time is for admin purposes only. This is e-Learning.
This CPD accredited e-learning course is based on the NICE Clinical Guideline 196: Management of Atrial Fibrillation. It is designed for PCN and practice pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, nurse prescribers, medicines optimisation teams and community pharmacists.
- This e-learning course has six modules, three case studies and a final exam with a 70%
- Once the course is passed a certificate of completion will be issued.
- MODULE 1 – NICE guideline 196; assessing stroke and bleeding risk
- MODULE 2 – Anticoagulant treatment options
- MODULE 3 – Choice of anticoagulant
- MODULE 4 – Safe prescribing of DOACs in people with renal impairment
- MODULE 5 – Co-prescribing of anticoagulants and antiplatelets
- MODULE 6 – Patient information for people taking anticoagulant
This course is available for members of GP practice staff in our commissioning area.