Registered nurses, associate practitioners, and health care assistants.
- To enable the student to increase their knowledge in cleansing wounds and recognising local wound infection.
- To enable the student to increase their knowledge in the use of Sorbact® and its place in the Cambridgeshire Wound Care Formulary Antimicrobials guidelines.
The student will be able to:
- recognise signs of local infection.
- be confident in using antimicrobials appropriately using the wound care formulary.
Update knowledge and competency can be achieved with:
- Completing the session quiz /discussion.
- Attending other TV courses and add this session to the main competency document.
- Working alongside experienced nurse in wound care or tissue viability nurse.