This update requires the delegates to attend two webinars – one on 23rd May, the other on 06th July.
Update your Asthma skills and share best practice
This Asthma refresher package is designed for health and care professionals who manage people with asthma, wish to refresh their skills and implement quality improvement initiatives.
Led by an experienced clinical specialist and facilitator, these highly interactive sessions will enable you to update your clinical practice by:
- Discussing and reviewing best practice models
- Identifying and researching interdependencies specific to your own practice population e.g. difficult asthma, occupational asthma, mental health, dysfunctional breathing, smoking cessation, joint working protocols
- Creating a new quality improvement initiative for your practice
- Undertaking peer assessment to help support new initiatives and embed knowledge
- Understanding and developing your leadership skills
- An understanding of best practice models and how to implement these
- How to apply national and local guidelines
- How to understand the needs of your practice population and take positive action
- The completion of a service improvement initiative for your practice
This is a series of two 2 hour facilitated online workshops with research and quality initiatives to be undertaken between sessions. It combines group discussions, peer review and best practice development.
These sessions are highly interactive, based on the specific needs of the individuals and group; led by an experienced facilitator and clinical specialist.
Familiarisation of national guidance along with any local formularies and guidelines will be an asset.