More information on RCGP Bright Ideas
The Royal College of GPs recognises excellence and innovation in general practice across the UK through its annual Bright Ideas Awards. The Awards are presented to healthcare professionals and patients who have identified, tried and tested a better way of doing things when treating and caring for patients. Bright Ideas Awards were established to inspire, celebrate and recognise fresh thinking in primary care. Find out more here.
Advert text for webinar – The Cancer Maps:
In this webinar, participants will learn:
1. How to use The Cancer Maps to help identify patients who present with potential cancer symptoms
2. How Dr Ben Noble went about developing and then implementing The Cancer Maps and his experiences from these processes
3. How to use a The Cancer Maps-style approach in different clinical contexts
The RCGP is running a free webinar for frontline clinicians which will explore the Bright Ideas Award-winning innovation The Cancer Maps. In the webinar, Dr Ben Noble GP and creator, and Dr Steph Coughlin, RCGP Innovation Clinical Lead, will discuss this interactive online tool based on the NICE guideline NG12 for suspected cancer, developed to support consultations by helping clinicians to identify and discuss possible cancer symptoms.
- The problem
- The Bright Idea
- The impact
- Next steps and transferability
- Q&A with audience participation
The Royal College of General Practitioners’ Bright Ideas webinars look at how GPs and primary care teams across the UK are developing fresh new ways of ensuring patients have the best care, releasing GP time, improving the patient journey or reducing costs. The programme supports, shares and celebrates innovation that improves general practice.