Taking the ‘pain’ out of controlled drugs
This course will provide an overview of:
- What controlled drugs are
- Why and how they are regulated
- Who the CDAO is and what she does
- What good prescribing practice looks like
- What actions primary care can take to address the situation
- What support is available
Who should attend?
Any healthcare professional with responsibility for initiating or reviewing controlled drugs in primary care.
Dr Sarah Rann, Controlled Drugs Accountable Officer, NHS England Midlands and East (East)
Dr Ruth Bastable, Medical Advisor, NHS England Midlands and East (East)
Secondary Care Pain Management Clinician
Local Primary Care Substance Misuse Service Clinician
Lunch will be available from 12.30.
Find out more
If you have any questions, please contact the Medicines Optimisation Team at firstname.lastname@example.org