This accredited course runs 3 times a year for Nurses employed by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough GP Practices.
The course is 9 months in length from the core days.
- Open to Practice Nurses and Registered Nursing Associates employed by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough GP Practices.
- Self-directed learning e.g library access
- Duration – 9 months, two core days
- Visits – 2 half days
- Clinical placement – a minimum of 5 directly supervised sessions of clinical skills development (this may vary depending on the progress of the student) by a mentor
- 100% attendance at study day and practical sessions are required
- Content – A balance of theory and clinical skills
- 85% pass is required of multi-choice exam prior to allocation to clinical placement
- External assessor from Clinical Training Ltd will undertake a final assessment of 3 complete consultations undertaken.
- Evidence based portfolio – all students are required to submit an evidence-based portfolio with the student’s interim and final assessment, completed competencies, reflective pieces, audit and visits (this has to be submitted to qualify).
- Book your place
- Pre-course reading pack will be sent out 1 – 2 weeks prior to core days
- Core Days – these will include an exam, theory and the opportunity to have practical experience prior to their placements.
- In-House Mentor – every student must have a mentor to support them with the clinical aspect of the course
- Course leader – all students will be encouraged to use the course leader as a resource
- Final Assessment – This is undertaken in the students GP Practice by Clinical Training Limited
- Visits – all students are required to attend the cervical screening laboratory, cellular pathology and colposcopy