This course is aimed at non-clinical staff, including receptionists, medical secretaries, practice managers, working within the healthcare environment who may be called upon to act as a formal chaperone, encouraging them to explore their roles and responsibilities when asked to chaperone patients.
- Practice Managers
- Administration Staff
- Examining what is meant by the term chaperone
- Understanding the need for a chaperone
- Demonstration of and exploring what an “intimate examination” is
- Awareness of the rights of the patient
- Understanding the role and responsibility of a chaperone
- Identifying the mechanism for raising concern
- Policies and procedures
All delegates will be emailed a certificate of attendance will receive a chaperone training workbook with competency assessment framework.