This online RCGP Level 3 safeguarding course is for any GP practicing in England. As GPs, we care for both children and adults and the course reflects this, covering child and adult safeguarding topics – individually and jointly. The course will be based around practical considerations for busy frontline GPs. There will be plenty of time for questions throughout the day.
CPD Points: includes 4 hours of child safeguarding and 4 hours of adult safeguarding.
- Increased knowledge and awareness of the complexity of self neglect in adults and how GPs can support these patients
- Understand the lifelong impact of abuse
- Be able to better identify child sexual abuse
- Have knowledge of the recommendations from IICSA (Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse) and how these relate to primary care
- Understand Liberty Protection Safeguards and how these will apply to patients
- Increased awareness of the safeguarding risks of patient online access and how these can be mitigated
- Know how to assess domestic abuse risk to children and adults within a GP consultation and awareness of when to make a safeguarding referral (child or adult)
Dr Joy Shacklock
RCGP Safeguarding Representative
GP Partner & Practice Safeguarding Lead
AiT rate – £75
Members rate – £99
Non-members rate – £149