9:30 – 9:40 – Chair’s opening remarks
- Helen Lewis, Advanced Nurse Practitioner Independent Prescriber and Advisory Board Member, Nursing in Practice
9:40 – 10:25 – Understanding Long COVID: Recognition, support and care
Understand pathophysiology behind COVID19 disease
Defining Long COVID
Current principles on supporting patients with Long COVID
- Suman Shrestha, Consultant Nurse in Critical Care (Frimley Health NHS FT) and Professional Lead for Critical Care (Royal College of Nursing)
10:40 – 11:25 – The Essential Knowledge for Managing Asthma in Clinical Practice (this presentation contains promotion)
- Dr Omar Usmani, Reader in Respiratory Medicine, Imperial College London & Consultant Physician, Royal Brompton Hospital. Sponsored by: Chiesi
11:40 – 12:25 – Obesity – the hidden ticking time bomb
Who’s problem is it?
What is the role of primary care in tackling the issue?
What approaches might help to support our patients.
- Jenny Aston, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Granta Medical Practices
12:40 – 13:25 – Photoprotection: tips and advices, skin lesions differential diagnosis and referral
- Julie Van Onselen, Dermatology Lecturer Practitioner, Dermatology Education Partnership Ltd. Sponsored by: Laroche Posay
13:25-14:00 – Lunch
14:00-14:45 – Optimising quality of life for heart failure
Intervention and treatment options.
Understanding the impact of comorbidities.
Giving patients and carers the skills to self-monitor.
- Nasa-Marie Wright, Heart Failure Clinical Nurse Specialist, Guys and St Thomas NHS foundation Trust. Editorial Member British Journal of Cardiac Nursing, Committee Member British Society of Heart Failure
15:00-15:45 – The ABC of CVD – what you need to know?
- Beverley Bostock, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Education Facilitator, Mann Cottage Surgery Gloucestershire, Devon Training Hub